Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My 600 pound life

I was watching television one day and i saw a show about people who are 600 pounds and eating themselves away. Many of them came from different backgrounds and had many different stories to how they got the way they are. So one question came to my mind, Do people eat according to how they are feeling?  I know that when i'm feeling fat i would go eat an apple and drink like a gallon of water. But when i'm feeling ethnic (I'm African American) I will go eat fried chicken, sweet potatoes and drink sweet tea. The issues with over eating is deeper then a thought or a feeling, its about the self esteem of a person. The people on the show "my 600 pound life" is likely suffering from self esteem issues, which probably started with feelings of rejection or abandonment which led them to eat as a coping strategy. This resulted in the way they are now, with eating now an addiction. So my conclusion to this question is people do eat according to how they feel. Feel free to comment i would love to see others thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment